Friday, August 9, 2013

Introducing ALTERNATE TRAGEDY


Well...this is the band BEHIND the inspiration of Alternate Tragedy! 

As you all know, I am a sucker for live music and lead singers! Just a couple years ago (it's been way more than a couple but I have a hard time coming to terms w my age) when I was a student at Penn State there was this band...

...in my mind, that band who has now changed names but still plays bars in State College, is who I picture when I'm writing about Calon and Alternate Tragedy.

They didn't come into Gracie's story until almost the end of IN TOO DEEP but you just wait...Calon and his bandmates take on a much bigger role in Gracie's life in ON SOLID GROUND and it's a beautiful relationship. 

Well, last night my husband and two of our three kids - the teens who get their love of live music from their parents - came back to State College to see Calon and the guys, who are actually the members of a band called Spider Kelly.

I got to meet up with them after their awesome show and hang out for awhile off the wings of the stage. It was a blast, like meeting up with old friends! And of course, I gave them a signed copy of IN TOO DEEP which their wives were excited about! 

So, without further ado...



This is Eric (Calon) and James (Manny), we lost the other guys so we're two guys short for the pic. Thanks for the memories, guys! Can't wait for you (and your wives) to see how Alternate Tragedy touches Gracie's life in ON SOLID GROUND!

And yes, we will be headed out to see them again tonight...yep, they're just THAT good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment